Thursday, October 21, 2010

Breast development and BRA during puberty/teenage


Question 1: I am studying in 10 th std. Recently I have visited your website. It was very informative. I have some doubts regarding bra. It is mentioned in your website that bra is not necessary to prevent sagging of breasts. And it is advised to avoid wearing bra at home, or to use camisole or petticoats instead. I discussed this with my mother. I was forced to wear bra from 8 th standard onwards. My mother is still not ready to accept this fact. How will I convince my mother regarding this?

Is there any harm in wearing sports bra. My mother is insisting me to wear normal bra, and not to go for sports bra., as it will lead to sagging of breast. I feel more comfortable wearing sports bra. Please reply.

Question 2: Why does my breast ache sometimes?I'm embarrassed to tell my doctor.


Answer: Read all the articles pertaining to Breast development and Bra on our website page 'ARTICLES'. Consult your doctor and believe them or your mom. Also ask your doctor about breast cancer self check and symptoms as well as effects of wearing of tight bra for longer hours. Choice is yours.

We can only say that it should be COMFORTABLE to your body. Your blood circulation should not get affected over breasts and rib-cage. During puberty and teenage, till the breast is fully developed, bra should be avoided. Otherwise natural growth and strength will get adversely affected. Some pain and tenderness will be observed during puberty/teenage, but it is OK and normal as the breast are under development stage and hormonal effects are working 24X7 on it.

No comments: